And over there in the tree, is a chipmunk nest. And that right there, is our corn, best in the city, it's delicious. And that is a crazy lady. So now you pretty much know what I do. Pretty dang exciting, huh?

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blog Bomb/My life is good

I feel like it has been forever since I last posted so instead of making a million little posts I thought I'd mash them all into one big blog bomb. These are in no particular order.

1. I permed my hair. Crazy right? Before I did it everyone I talked to about it gave me this really concerned look and I just kept convincing them it would look good. Then when I got it I was so embarrassed because it looked like crap. I even made desperate calls to my mother and sister asking them if I should go get it permanently reversed or if I should just cut it all off. Little did I know it would take about two weeks for it to relax and now I truly love how easy my hair is to do and how wavy it is.

2. Sadie has learned how to stand up on her own. She doesn't even need anything to hang onto anymore. She also has learned to expect applause every time she does it because that's what Josh and I had done at first to encourage her to do it more often. Now when she stands up she looks around for whoever is watching and waits for them to clap. For awhile there she was clapping for herself and it was so cute. Now (granted I have no idea where she got this) she does this Dr. Evil thing with her hands instead of clapping which, for some reason is even funnier.


3. Sadie is thoroughly enjoying learning how to feed herself. She's to the point where she's basically eating everything we eat plus baby food and bottles. We recently discovered that she really loves popcorn. (Proof that shes related to Joe & Myrna). Here is a funny video of her attacking the popcorn bowl and not getting a single piece into her mouth.
                                                                     
       4. I'm getting pretty into this photography thing. I also have a trial version of photoshop that I've been playing with whenever I get a spare moment. Just this past weekend Josh's family came up for a wedding and the baby blessing of Tyler and Yumi's sweet little Caleb. I was able to take some pretty fun pictures of their (Tyler and Yumi's) kids Caleb and Naomi.







Time for a bubble bath!



5. Sadie has 5 teeth and two more coming in. Talk about some chompers!
6. I've decided after some online searching that I am going to make Sadie's birthday outfit. I couldn't justify paying $50 for a shirt and tutu that says "I'm one!". Heck I can do that right? Pictures to soon to come. 
7. I made some throw pillows for our couch.
 

8. I joined Pinterest and I'm hooked. I love being able to save all the little ideas that bounce around in my head. If your interested I'll email you an invite. Trust me, it's awesome.
9. Josh got me tickets to Les Miserables in Denver on Labor Day weekend. A month from tomorrow! I know that sounds like it's still a ways away but I got these tickets for my birthday back in April so I'm getting pretty darn excited.
10. A few months ago Josh and I switched wards from Fort Collins to Loveland. (Miss you Parkwood!) Let's just say our new ward is an "older" ward. Sadie was the one and only baby in that ward till just a few days ago (Yay Hughes!). So, needless to say Sadie has been getting a LOT of attention from the congregation. We've gotten a few requests that we sit in front of certain families for every sacrament meeting just so Sadie can turn around and play with them. Also, Josh teaches Elder's Quorum twice a month and I'm in  the primary presidency so for those two Sundays that we are both taken by our callings Sadie gets to go with Grandma to Relief Society. We are so lucky that Patty is in our ward. Anyways, according to my mother in law every time she has Sadie, half of the Relief Society sisters aren't even paying attention to the lesson because they are to busy oooing and ahhing when Sadie smiles and waves at them. Not to mention the standing and clapping now. How irreverent! Ha Ha
  Well there is quite a gigantic and random update on me and my families life. Hopefully I can blog a little more frequently so that I don't have to unload on here every couple of months. As Nacho would say: "My life is good. Real good."

2 comments:

  1. The photos of Yumi's kids are awesome, Kadi! Of course, it helps to have such adorable subjects, right?

    I'm going to have to give the Pinterest thing another shot. I think there was something I was supposed to download that got blocked by my computer, and I never could get it to work. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete